Tuesday, July 21, 2009

First Week Home

Well, I know I said that I might be out of blogging, but so many of you have told me you enjoyed the blog, that I thought I'd continue with an update or two. Terrie has continued to improve since coming home. As you can imagine, there have been many uncomfortable moments as she adjusted to her new recuperation setting and to getting all her sore places better. Her poor body has taken quite a beating to get this heart situation improved! It's worth it in the long run, but right now, it's a real pain - in fact, several of them! In particular, you can pray for her right leg to continue healing and for her to regain full use of it very soon - it's painful, stiff & very bruised right now. Also pray for her tongue and throat, as well as her right ear & right side of her head. She started on some new medication today to help alleviate the pain in that area. It is also difficult to know how much activity she needs to do to get better as fast as possible as opposed to how much time she needs to rest and stay off her leg so it won't swell up again. Just pray for all of this to come naturally to her. Terrie's mom & her husband, Jack, went back to Lubbock on Monday. They were a tremendous blessing to us for the first week at home! And we have already begun to be blessed by the food brought by some of you who have been prayerfully following us along this journey. Wow! Thanks so much! It really helps! May God richly bless you for your generosity! Please let me know if you are still reading this blog so I will know whether I need to continue. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I am reading and haven't missed a day! I would love to see it continue, but I think my own last blog post was a month or two ago, so I can hardly expect others to do the same. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please keep posting! I just love feeling "in touch". We're praying for Terrie's speedy recovery and for her pain to ease and go away completely. Hope to see you all soon.
    Karen and kelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys... we are thinking of you everyday! Love all of you and can't wait to see you in August! :) Glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete