Monday, July 13, 2009

CSU Day 5 - 11:30 AM

Although things are going well and the surgeon says Terrie is healing like she should, we are going to take advantage of the good hospital care for one more day. The surgeon said that the decision is hers and that a 7 day stay is the average after heart surgery, so he thought that one more day here is just fine. (Tomorrow will be a week after her surgery) Terrie still has some swelling in her legs, as well as being very tender in the areas of her stitches. She has sutures in both legs, but the right calf hurts the most. The chest wound hurts too, but the leg is more painful. Of course, I want her to stay as long as she feels necessary. I'm along for the ride to make sure she has everything she needs. My department head and co-workers at the church office are wonderful, telling me to do whatever I need to do to serve Terrie and they continue to do things to serve me as well. God has blessed us to an incredible degree through this whole process! We are so thankful and will continue to ask His blessings over the next several weeks of recovery. Thanks for joining us in those requests! May you have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment